Strate is pleased to announce that it is strengthening its Issuer Relationship Management team. It has employed Thato Moja as an Issuer Relationship Manager within the current Stakeholder Relations team…
Strate has implemented a new web-based portal to allow its clients to have a user-friendly tool that allows them to securely log on to an online portal, enabling them to communicate and transact with Strate…
Over the weekend of 20-22 July 2013, the Johannesburg Stock Exchange (JSE) implemented Phase 1* of its T+3 Project aimed at reducing the settlement cycle from the current T+5 to T+3. Phase 1 of the project involved separating JSE Members’ proprietary and controlled accounts at both Strate and at the CSD Participants…
The Association of Eurasian Central Securities Depositories (AECSD) hosted the 12th Conference of Central Securities Depositories from 29 May 2013 to 31 May 2013 in Saint Petersburg, Russia Federation…
Strate’s CEO Monica Singer has been appointed as the Vice President of Africa & Middle East Depositories Association (AMEDA). AMEDA was established in 2005 to reduce risks related to depository, clearing and settlement issues and to support efforts to raise efficiency …
Strate’s Collateral Management Project is on track to be implemented in November 2013. The project aims to meet the growing need for the greater use of collateral for financial transactions in South Africa, allowing banks to free cash on the balance sheet in order to meet Basel III requirements and improve the tracking and efficient use of collateral.
While the Protection of Personal Information Bill (PoPI) and the Financial Markets Act 2012 (FMA) will have an influence on the manner in which companies and Strate respectively deal with personal information, access to the companies’ share registers by the shareholders and the public in terms of the Companies Act will not be affected by these new laws.
Citibank has signed on as a client to receive information on Strate’s Corporate Actions product range, which includes value- added services, such as Equities Corporate Action Subscription Services (ECASS).
Less than six months after announcing Strate’s commitment to the pilot phase of the International Integrated Reporting Council’s (IIRC’s) programme, Strate has published its Integrated Report for the 2012 reporting period.
Over seven years ago, Strate embarked on a process to “define its DNA” through a consulting company called Bluprints. Strate was able to identify 14 principles that added value to the business (have to haves) and 14 principles that detracted value from the business …
- Companies’ share register information is not restricted by new laws August 1, 2013
- Application to Become a Local Operating Unit for Legal Entity Identifiers Underway October 9, 2015
- Enhancing Industry Knowledge with Exciting new Content on Strate e-Tutor July 6, 2015
- Strate has new offices May 3, 2019
- Strate is moving offices February 22, 2019
- Bond and Equity donations change the lives of children across South Africa November 2, 2018
- Strate: Thank you for your message. You're welcome to do ...
- DENICE BROOKES: Good day, Please can you submit an LEI prescript...
- Raj Sharma: Security is indeed an important factor in every ty...
- Best Company To Work For
- Big Data
- Chinese Walls
- Clearing and Settlement Service
- Consumer Education
- Corporate Actions
- Corporate Governance
- CSD Operations
- Distributed Ledger Technology
- Financial Market Development
- Fractal Solutions
- integrated report
- Issuer Connect Newsletter
- Liquidity Alliance
- Mandela Day
- Segregated Depository Account
- Settlement Cycles
- share register (BND)
- social media
- South Africa
- stock exchange
- Strate Charity Shares
- STRATE Supervision
- Strate Talk
- Trade Depository
- World Forum of CSDs
- ZAR X