Strate welcomes the news that its client – one of South Africa’s newest exchanges, 4 Africa Exchange (4AX) – announced its first two issuer listings on the Exchange – NWK Limited and NWK Holdings Limited. NWK used to trade shares in the over-the-counter market. However, changes to financial market legislation and regulations meant that companies like […]
South Africa has one of the most sophisticated financial markets and has earned a reputation for its sound financial market development. Looking to the next five years, A2X Markets CEO and co-founder Kevin Brady believes the market could become more dynamic and efficient as new exchanges are granted licences. A2X Markets was officially granted […]
Strate, a South African Central Securities Depository (CSD), has shown the robustness of its clearing and settlement technology by offering equities settlement to multiple markets. On 28 February 2017, it welcomed 4 Africa Exchange (4AX), the country’s newest exchange which focuses on listing companies that are currently trading over-the-counter (OTC) shares in Broad-based black economic […]
All too often, good infrastructure goes unnoticed. This is probably one of the reasons why few South Africans know and understand the country’s Central Securities Depository, Strate, however, without it, investors would shy away from South Africa.
Prior to the implementation of Strate in 1999, SA was categorised as one of the worst emerging markets in terms of operational and settlement risk. Trading volumes on the stock exchange were averaging 4,000 trades daily, very thin when this is compared to the 350 000 on average during a month today.
From a Thomas Murray AA- rating, to Strate being ranked among the top Central Securities Depositories globally, click here to view an infographic that tells you all the fast facts that you need to know about Strate.
Strate’s success lies in its independence and good corporate governance. It has continued to be a trusted and independent party in the market, which is evident by Strate offering CSD services to new stock exchanges. At the beginning of September 2016, the Financial Services Board notified the market that it had granted ZARX and […]
On Monday 11 July 2016, history was made. The JSE’s equities market, which used to run on a five business day settlement cycle for the past few decades, moved to a new three business day settlement cycle (T+3). This formed part of a project spearheaded by the JSE.
In March 2016, ZAR X, South Africa’s new exchange, announced that it had been granted conditional approval from the South African Financial Services Board to operate. ZAR X’s first milestone after receiving its conditional licence was to announce its partnership with Strate. A key factor in the relationship with Strate to date has been […]
- Companies’ share register information is not restricted by new laws August 1, 2013
- Enhancing Industry Knowledge with Exciting new Content on Strate e-Tutor July 6, 2015
- Application to Become a Local Operating Unit for Legal Entity Identifiers Underway October 9, 2015
- Strate is moving offices February 22, 2019
- Bond and Equity donations change the lives of children across South Africa November 2, 2018
- A tribute to Iann Seymour-Smith October 17, 2018
- Strate: Thank you for your message. You're welcome to do ...
- DENICE BROOKES: Good day, Please can you submit an LEI prescript...
- Raj Sharma: Security is indeed an important factor in every ty...
- Best Company To Work For
- Big Data
- Chinese Walls
- Clearing and Settlement Service
- Consumer Education
- Corporate Actions
- Corporate Governance
- CSD Operations
- Distributed Ledger Technology
- Financial Market Development
- Fractal Solutions
- integrated report
- Issuer Connect Newsletter
- Liquidity Alliance
- Mandela Day
- Segregated Depository Account
- Settlement Cycles
- share register (BND)
- social media
- South Africa
- stock exchange
- Strate Charity Shares
- STRATE Supervision
- Strate Talk
- Trade Depository
- World Forum of CSDs
- ZAR X