Strate welcomes the news that its client – one of South Africa’s newest exchanges, 4 Africa Exchange (4AX) – announced its first two issuer listings on the Exchange – NWK Limited and NWK Holdings Limited. NWK used to trade shares in the over-the-counter market. However, changes to financial market legislation and regulations meant that companies like […]
To provide you with a holistic understanding of the impact emerging FinTechs will have on the future of financial services, GIBS partnered with Strate to host the Fintech Innovation Conference during August 2017. The videos for the following topics are now available online: Welcome Remarks from Strate; Keynote Address from the Deputy Governor […]
All too often, good infrastructure goes unnoticed. This is probably one of the reasons why few South Africans know and understand the country’s Central Securities Depository, Strate, however, without it, investors would shy away from South Africa.
Prior to the implementation of Strate in 1999, SA was categorised as one of the worst emerging markets in terms of operational and settlement risk. Trading volumes on the stock exchange were averaging 4,000 trades daily, very thin when this is compared to the 350 000 on average during a month today.
From a Thomas Murray AA- rating, to Strate being ranked among the top Central Securities Depositories globally, click here to view an infographic that tells you all the fast facts that you need to know about Strate.
For the past 18 years Strate, South Africa’s Central Securities Depository, has focused on settling securities transactions across South Africa’s financial markets. Today, the organisation is placing a core focus on financial literacy through its consumer education initiative, Strate from the Ground. According to Dr Merrill van der Walt, Data Scientist at Strate, one […]
The 2015-2016 Global Competitiveness Index (GCI) report published by the World Economic Forum (WEF) continues to show South Africa placed amongst the top 20 countries globally in terms of financial market development. After studying 140 countries, South Africa was ranked 12th in terms of financial market development. New Zealand and Singapore were first and […]
- Companies’ share register information is not restricted by new laws August 1, 2013
- Enhancing Industry Knowledge with Exciting new Content on Strate e-Tutor July 6, 2015
- Application to Become a Local Operating Unit for Legal Entity Identifiers Underway October 9, 2015
- Strate has been approved to issue Legal Entity Identifiers June 18, 2018
- Strate appoints its new CEO June 11, 2018
- Strate appoints its new Chairman May 10, 2018
- Strate: Thank you for your message. You're welcome to do ...
- DENICE BROOKES: Good day, Please can you submit an LEI prescript...
- Raj Sharma: Security is indeed an important factor in every ty...
- Best Company To Work For
- Big Data
- Chinese Walls
- Clearing and Settlement Service
- Consumer Education
- Corporate Actions
- Corporate Governance
- CSD Operations
- Distributed Ledger Technology
- Financial Market Development
- Fractal Solutions
- integrated report
- Issuer Connect Newsletter
- Liquidity Alliance
- Mandela Day
- Segregated Depository Account
- Settlement Cycles
- share register (BND)
- social media
- South Africa
- stock exchange
- Strate Charity Shares
- STRATE Supervision
- Strate Talk
- Trade Depository
- World Forum of CSDs
- ZAR X