The South African market makes its financial payments and securities related transactions with speed, certainty and confidence through the SWIFT network.
Over 8,300 banking organisations, securities institutions and corporate customers in more than 208 countries exchange millions of standardised financial messages every day over SWIFT. Following the introduction of ISO 15022 message standards, South Africa was the first community to roll out the new and improved messages over the SWIFT network 12 years ago.
Strate manages one of Africa’s largest SWIFT infrastructure. As one of the top 2 % of SWIFT users in the world, our centralised SWIFT services allow market players to save costs and ultimately bring new efficiencies to their own organisations. Strate provides some of the following benefits:
- A Premium Plus Partnership with SWIFT;
- Cost-effective infrastructure and state-of-the-art IBM platform;
- 24/7 monitoring and support, with direct support that includes an on-call SWIFT certified engineer;
- Easy connectivity to Strate participants and other SWIFT users;
- Shared connectivity with a host of users, thereby providing an extraordinarily cost-effective service;
- Scalable SWIFT services, rendering them readily accessible to a range of users; and
- Various SWIFT products eg. SWIFT Alliance Messenger and SWIFT Alliance Gateway.