South Africa is facing a major challenge of one the highest youth unemployment rates in the world. The Financial Markets industry is ageing and the struggle for good quality skills is a constant battle among many organisations. Strate has identified three separate, but complimentary projects, which will provide a sustainable pipeline of skills. The […]
On 1 December 2016, Strate held a farewell in honour of Bobby Johnston. Johnston was Strate’s Chairman from January 2011 to October 2016, and played a key role in the development of Strate 20 years ago. Monica started as the Project Manager of Strate in October 1996, where she met Johnston in his role as […]
All too often, good infrastructure goes unnoticed. This is probably one of the reasons why few South Africans know and understand the country’s Central Securities Depository, Strate, however, without it, investors would shy away from South Africa.
Prior to the implementation of Strate in 1999, SA was categorised as one of the worst emerging markets in terms of operational and settlement risk. Trading volumes on the stock exchange were averaging 4,000 trades daily, very thin when this is compared to the 350 000 on average during a month today.
Strate Charity Shares (SCS) is registered as a non-profit organisation and charity donation programme that was created almost 15 years ago to address the long-standing problem of investors holding small amounts of unwanted shares. Since 2002, SCS has paid more than R6 million to charities dedicated to helping children. It hands donations to charities across […]
It may be one small step for man, or employee, but it’s a giant leap for employee wellness. South African central securities depository, Strate, has incorporated a “work while you walk” approach to its daily routine. Not only has the company purchased two In-Movement Treadmill desks, more employees are incorporating standing and walking into their […]
From a Thomas Murray AA- rating, to Strate being ranked among the top Central Securities Depositories globally, click here to view an infographic that tells you all the fast facts that you need to know about Strate.
Rob Barrow, a current board member of Strate, has been appointed the chairman of the company’s Board, effective 4 November 2016. Monica Singer, Strate’s CEO, welcomes the appointment of Barrow. “Rob has a wealth of expertise and knowledge spanning more than two decades in the capital markets and he has served on Strate’s board […]
Strate’s success lies in its independence and good corporate governance. It has continued to be a trusted and independent party in the market, which is evident by Strate offering CSD services to new stock exchanges. At the beginning of September 2016, the Financial Services Board notified the market that it had granted ZARX and […]
For the past 18 years Strate, South Africa’s Central Securities Depository, has focused on settling securities transactions across South Africa’s financial markets. Today, the organisation is placing a core focus on financial literacy through its consumer education initiative, Strate from the Ground. According to Dr Merrill van der Walt, Data Scientist at Strate, one […]
- Companies’ share register information is not restricted by new laws August 1, 2013
- Enhancing Industry Knowledge with Exciting new Content on Strate e-Tutor July 6, 2015
- Liquidity Alliance will Provide Worldwide Collateral Access to T2S December 31, 2014
- South African Financial Blockchain Consortium wins global accolade August 3, 2017
- Strate Collateral Management Services (SCMS): An automated, compliant Tri-Party Collateral solution that completely meets the market’s collateral needs July 24, 2017
- CloudMargin and South Africa’s First Tri-Party Collateral Agent – Strate Collateral Management – Bring Unprecedented Automation, Efficiencies to South African OTC Derivatives Participants July 18, 2017
- Strate: When a company has shareholders, those shareholder...
- Neo: Please assist, Why should a company keep this s...
- Achal Ghai: Yes, I totally Agreed with you. It is too much Tou...
- Best Company To Work For
- Big Data
- Chinese Walls
- Clearing and Settlement Service
- Consumer Education
- Corporate Actions
- Corporate Governance
- CSD Operations
- Distributed Ledger Technology
- Financial Market Development
- Fractal Solutions
- integrated report
- Issuer Connect Newsletter
- Liquidity Alliance
- Mandela Day
- Segregated Depository Account
- Settlement Cycles
- share register (BND)
- social media
- South Africa
- stock exchange
- Strate Charity Shares
- STRATE Supervision
- Strate Talk
- Trade Depository
- World Forum of CSDs
- ZAR X