Strate was named the winner of the Inaugural Conscious Companies Awards held at an evening gala event on 11 May in the northern suburbs of Johannesburg. There has been much to be said about the inclusivity of stakeholders to create and nurture shared value, as opposed to shareholder value, says Strate CEO Monica Singer. […]
On 1 December 2016, Strate held a farewell in honour of Bobby Johnston. Johnston was Strate’s Chairman from January 2011 to October 2016, and played a key role in the development of Strate 20 years ago. Monica started as the Project Manager of Strate in October 1996, where she met Johnston in his role as […]
All too often, good infrastructure goes unnoticed. This is probably one of the reasons why few South Africans know and understand the country’s Central Securities Depository, Strate, however, without it, investors would shy away from South Africa.
Prior to the implementation of Strate in 1999, SA was categorised as one of the worst emerging markets in terms of operational and settlement risk. Trading volumes on the stock exchange were averaging 4,000 trades daily, very thin when this is compared to the 350 000 on average during a month today.
It may be one small step for man, or employee, but it’s a giant leap for employee wellness. South African central securities depository, Strate, has incorporated a “work while you walk” approach to its daily routine. Not only has the company purchased two In-Movement Treadmill desks, more employees are incorporating standing and walking into their […]
Rob Barrow, a current board member of Strate, has been appointed the chairman of the company’s Board, effective 4 November 2016. Monica Singer, Strate’s CEO, welcomes the appointment of Barrow. “Rob has a wealth of expertise and knowledge spanning more than two decades in the capital markets and he has served on Strate’s board […]
Strate is embarking on a new journey that will enhance its service delivery to the market. We have created two divisions within the company, CSD Operations and Fractal Solutions. The changes in the company’s structure are needed to support a new strategy that embraces disruptive technologies and continuous evolution of our core business.
While the primary role of a Chief Financial Officer (CFO) is to make sure financial records of the company are in order, the role has evolved from the back-office functions of two decades ago. The rules of the game have changed for CFOs. Strate looks at the evolving role of the Chief Financial Officer and welcomes its new CFO, Ashnee Maharaj, on board.
Women represent approximately half of the global population, half of South Africa’s population, and half of the population of working age (15-64 years) in the country. That’s 18.5 million women that can add value in South Africa, yet the country still lags behind in unequal access to education. Read Monica Singer and Dr Merrill van Der Walt’s views on the importance of education.
South African Central Securities Depository (CSD), Strate, has won the category for unlisted companies in the Integrated Reporting awards hosted by Institute for Chartered Secretaries Southern Africa in partnership with the JSE Limited. The 2015 ceremony took place on 11 November 2015 at Montecasino in Fourways, Johannesburg. According to Strate’s former Chief Financial Officer, […]
Strate, and key representatives from South Africa’s financial markets, hosted the board of the Nigerian Central Securities Depository (CSD), CSCS Nigeria, during July 2015. The intention was to forge closer relationships between the two countries and to understand the various roles and responsibilities performed by key organisations in the South African financial markets. This […]
- Companies’ share register information is not restricted by new laws August 1, 2013
- Enhancing Industry Knowledge with Exciting new Content on Strate e-Tutor July 6, 2015
- Liquidity Alliance will Provide Worldwide Collateral Access to T2S December 31, 2014
- South African Financial Blockchain Consortium wins global accolade August 3, 2017
- Strate Collateral Management Services (SCMS): An automated, compliant Tri-Party Collateral solution that completely meets the market’s collateral needs July 24, 2017
- CloudMargin and South Africa’s First Tri-Party Collateral Agent – Strate Collateral Management – Bring Unprecedented Automation, Efficiencies to South African OTC Derivatives Participants July 18, 2017
- Strate: When a company has shareholders, those shareholder...
- Neo: Please assist, Why should a company keep this s...
- Achal Ghai: Yes, I totally Agreed with you. It is too much Tou...
- Best Company To Work For
- Big Data
- Chinese Walls
- Clearing and Settlement Service
- Consumer Education
- Corporate Actions
- Corporate Governance
- CSD Operations
- Distributed Ledger Technology
- Financial Market Development
- Fractal Solutions
- integrated report
- Issuer Connect Newsletter
- Liquidity Alliance
- Mandela Day
- Segregated Depository Account
- Settlement Cycles
- share register (BND)
- social media
- South Africa
- stock exchange
- Strate Charity Shares
- STRATE Supervision
- Strate Talk
- Trade Depository
- World Forum of CSDs
- ZAR X