CSD Working Group on DLT, an association of Central Securities Depositories working on developing reference products using Distributed Ledger Technology, has released product requirements for the proxy voting business case during the International Securities Services Association (ISSA) Operational Committee meeting in London on April 24, 2017. The document titled “General Meeting Proxy Voting on […]
CSD Working Group Releases Product Requirements for General Meeting Proxy Voting on Distributed Ledger
All too often, good infrastructure goes unnoticed. This is probably one of the reasons why few South Africans know and understand the country’s Central Securities Depository, Strate, however, without it, investors would shy away from South Africa.
Prior to the implementation of Strate in 1999, SA was categorised as one of the worst emerging markets in terms of operational and settlement risk. Trading volumes on the stock exchange were averaging 4,000 trades daily, very thin when this is compared to the 350 000 on average during a month today.
From a Thomas Murray AA- rating, to Strate being ranked among the top Central Securities Depositories globally, click here to view an infographic that tells you all the fast facts that you need to know about Strate.
Strate successfully processed the electronic entries which enabled the conclusion of the acquisition of SABMiller by Belgian-Brazillian group, Anheuser-Busch InBev; the largest corporate action in its 18-year history. Shareholders received in excess of R116-billion in cash entitlements, executed through the South African Reserve Bank. “Since the Competition Commission’s approval of the merger […]
In February 2016, the curator of African Bank Limited, Tom Winterboer, launched exchange offer documents to creditors of African Bank to exchange their claims in African Bank for new debt in the “Good Bank.” We played an integral part in ensuring that communication of the proposed restructure by the Curator to funders of African […]
During the last quarter of 2015 and early 2016, the South African Financial markets saw the entry of two new foreign companies listing on the Johannesburg Stock Exchange (JSE). Steinhoff Limited de-listed from the JSE and was re-created as Steinhoff International Holdings N.V. (a Dutch Incorporated Company) with a primary listing on the Deutsche […]
After months of extensive testing, planning and market education around the enhanced payment process, it is with great excitement that we announce the successful implementation of this solution on 5 October 2015. We are confident that this new model will achieve the desired goal of mitigating risk by reducing the dependency on commercial banks […]
On 5 October 2015, Strate implemented a new solution to process corporate action payments via the South African Reserve Bank (SARB). Strate has been working closely with issuers, local banks and the SARB to implement this new solution. Strate is pleased to report that during the week of 12 October 2015, five corporate actions […]
- Companies’ share register information is not restricted by new laws August 1, 2013
- Enhancing Industry Knowledge with Exciting new Content on Strate e-Tutor July 6, 2015
- Liquidity Alliance will Provide Worldwide Collateral Access to T2S December 31, 2014
- South African Financial Blockchain Consortium wins global accolade August 3, 2017
- Strate Collateral Management Services (SCMS): An automated, compliant Tri-Party Collateral solution that completely meets the market’s collateral needs July 24, 2017
- CloudMargin and South Africa’s First Tri-Party Collateral Agent – Strate Collateral Management – Bring Unprecedented Automation, Efficiencies to South African OTC Derivatives Participants July 18, 2017
- Strate: When a company has shareholders, those shareholder...
- Neo: Please assist, Why should a company keep this s...
- Achal Ghai: Yes, I totally Agreed with you. It is too much Tou...
- Best Company To Work For
- Big Data
- Chinese Walls
- Clearing and Settlement Service
- Consumer Education
- Corporate Actions
- Corporate Governance
- CSD Operations
- Distributed Ledger Technology
- Financial Market Development
- Fractal Solutions
- integrated report
- Issuer Connect Newsletter
- Liquidity Alliance
- Mandela Day
- Segregated Depository Account
- Settlement Cycles
- share register (BND)
- social media
- South Africa
- stock exchange
- Strate Charity Shares
- STRATE Supervision
- Strate Talk
- Trade Depository
- World Forum of CSDs
- ZAR X